Monday, April 18, 2011

Vintage Chic, senior pictures, Flint, MI

This is the time of year when my email box becomes flooded with emails to do high school senior pictures. I always hold back a couple of my favorite sessions to show future clients. This year, I’ll only be scheduling sessions from May until September. Please contact me as soon as possible if you’re at all interested in using me. May is almost full.

Often when I walk away from a session, I can describe the person in one word. With this high school senior I would select the adjective classy. This is Adrienne a fellow Flintstone with a love for writing, art, theater, and a quirky 50’s style. Our day started at the Flint Institute of Art, shifted to the Flint Farmer’s Market, and ended in an ally just outside the Capitol Theater…all historic Flint landmarks and all Adrienne’s ideas. I love it when many well planned out ideas come together! Special thanks to Adrienne’s father for being such a great help through the whole process. It was great to be working back in Flint with a high school senior that is so proud of her Flint roots.



Adrienne wanted to have her picture made with this painting. It was a childhood favorite.

John Singer Sargent (1856-1925), Garden Study of the Vickers Children, 1884, Collection of the Flint Institute of Arts, Flint, MI



Check out this vintage typewriter. This was a moose! It still works, too. I loved that she
wanted to include it.


I have so many favorites. I really enjoy this 50's style...the hair and clothes. Thanks again.

No comments: